Our goal at AAC is to protect our patients and families and to keep everyone in the community safe and healthy. We're sure many of you have questions and concerns about COVID-19 and are curious as to how best to protect yourself and your families.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RECOMMENDATIONS:
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, difficulty breathing), and have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual, or have recently traveled:
PLEASE CALL our office: 952-943-8200.
DO NOT come to the clinic or go to the ER.
*Our office will triage your symptoms and direct you appropriately.
- WASH YOUR HANDS - frequently and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (Sing Happy Birthday, ABCs, or Raspberry Beret) or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- AVOID TOUCHING YOUR FACE
- COVER YOUR COUGH - use your elbow or a tissue
- STAY HOME WHEN SICK
- AVOID CROWDS -work from home, attends meetings virtually, cancel/postpone events (aka Social Distancing)
- Postpone/cancel unnecessary travel
- Have enough essential supplies to be at home for 2 weeks: canned/dry goods, etc. (Please do NOT hoard masks and hand sanitizer, our healthcare teams need them to stay healthy so that we can help/treat/protect you!)
- Call/Facetime and check in on loved ones/neighbors
- Support local restaurants/stores by ordering food for delivery rather than dining out
- CALL your doctor first! Do NOT go to the clinic/ER unless you are in need of emergent medical attention. Calling first will allow triage of your situation and direct you to an appropriate location for testing/treatment.
Please know that physicians, nurses, hospitals, clinics, and all healthcare workers in the area are sharing information and taking COVID-19 very seriously. Protocols have been established and we are asking for everyone to do their part to help slow the progression of disease spread through SOCIAL DISTANCING in order to help Flatten the Curve.
For additional up to date, reliable information, and helpful resources, please use these links:
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) - HealthyChildren.org
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
We will continue to update and post additional information, articles, links, as they become available.
As always, please contact our office with questions/concerns, and please keep WASHING YOUR HANDS!!!